We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Tungsten Tent: 4-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 47
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fast set-up and take-down.
- Angled poles are at the bottom to make extra room in the body of the tent.
- Ample space and headroom.
- Enough places for storage and to stash items.
- Durable zippers that don’t snag or break.
- Rain fly vestibule provides nice storage space.
- Pockets are accessible and easy to use.
- Hook on the top for hanging a light.
- Fairly lightweight, even considering it is a bigger-sized tent.
- Two doors and vestibules provide easy access.
- The mixture of nylon combined with mesh provides ventilation and privacy.
- Sold with the footprint so you don’t have to make an additional add-on purchase.
- High ceiling height to allow for more movement.
- Priced reasonably, considering it comes with a footprint.
- Simple set-up is easy to learn.
- Waterproof, durable, and long-lasting.
- Lamp holder for extra light within the tent.
- One of the best 4-person backpacking tents.
- Despite being a bit bulky when packed, the tent easily fits into the bag for seamless transport.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Can be difficult and tedious to set-up in high winds.
- Doesn’t come with stakes for the sides of the rain fly.
- Not the best tent for ventilation.
- The tent isn’t very small when packed.
- Might not be able to withstand high winds.
- Packed weight is slightly heavy for multiple days of transporting.
The Marmot Tungsten Tent: 4-Person 3-Season Tent is an affordable option for 3-4 people. The tent has ample space, accessibility, ease of use, and durability. The limited ventilation and extra weight makes it less-than-ideal for extended backcountry trips but the tent’s reasonable price and ample space are quite appealing.