We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia R1 Fleece Pullover – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 71
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Soft material and comfortable.
- Provides stretch to allow for good mobility.
- Good warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Very breathable.
- Zippered pocket on the chest for easy access.
- Good for layering due to thinness and breathability.
- Variety of colors available for style.
- Adds versatility due to ability to wear as a stand-alone layer, or as a mid-layer under a shell during colder days.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Great to be used as a mid or base-layer.
- Lightweight and breathable layer.
- Dries quickly after getting wet.
- Zipper aids in promoting ventilation.
- Uses a combination of fleece material on the core for warmth, and stretchy material on the side panels, sleeves, and cuffs for mobility and breathability.
- Polartec Power Grid fleece is gridded in order to enhance breathability and warmth.
- Polygiene treatment is utilized to prevent growth of bacteria and to fight odor.
- Longer torso and the longer cut arms provide some added comfort.
- Able to tuck into a harness for climbing functionality.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Arms may be too long for some body-types.
- Doesn’t have a hooded version available anymore for women.
- Sizing discrepancies compared to previous models.
- No hand pockets for warmth or storage.
- No hood for weather protection or warmth.
- Not roomy enough to be worn as an outer layer.
- Limited warmth and weather protection when used as an outer layer in bad weather.
- Report of the fabric and the seams beginning to pill over time.
The Patagonia R1 Fleece Pullover for women is a soft, warm, and breathable mid or base-layer. The ability to layer this warm and breathable piece makes it extra versatile for high and low intensity activities in varying climates. While some users miss the lack of pockets and hood, its fairly simple design coupled with high performance, makes this a favorite layering option.