We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Columbia Bugaboo II Interchange Hooded Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 192
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps you very warm in cold conditions.
- Waterproofing qualities work in wet conditions to keep you dry.
- Colors are bright and attractive.
- Fits true to size.
- Can wear during active use due to weather protection and mobility.
- Very warm, even when in tough conditions in sub-zero temperatures.
- Pit zips for extra ventilation.
- Hood is detachable for added functionality.
- DWR treated for protection against light precipitation.
- Waterproofing works well other than in prolonged extremely-wet conditions.
- Reliable and good for everyday use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Only 2 hand pockets and 2 in the lining, so might not have enough storage.
- No cuffs on the fleece liner for functionality.
- Issues with the fleece liner in the jacket, like the liner cuff bunching when the Velcro is tightened.
- It doesn’t have a powder skirt or jacket-to-pant interface for functionality.
- Can feel a bit bunchy since it is a 3-in-1, and the inner layer sticks out farther than the other layers.
- Despite pit zips, it isn’t the most breathable during intense activity.
- Not great for those who are consistently in wet climates or spend most of their excursions in the backcountry.
- Waterproofing could be better.
The Columbia Bugaboo II Interchange Hooded Jacket for women is a weather-protective, stylish, and versatile jacket that is well-suited for everyday use at the ski resort. Despite not being the best option for prolonged exposure to wet weather, it can withstand basic rain and snow for a day on the mountain. The main issue with this jacket is the inner fleece liner sticking out beneath the other layers, causing some irritation and bunching while wearing. We would recommend this option for those who want a warm and protective jacket.