We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mountain Hardwear Compressor Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 59
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Synthetic fill aids in the durability of the material and for maintaining warmth when wet.
- Elastic waistband provides for some adjustment options.
- Ankle cuffs keep the pants secure and hold them in place to keep debris out.
- Warm, but remains lightweight.
- The seat of the pants is reinforced with durable material due to the high wear-and-tear possibilities in this area.
- Dries quickly after getting wet.
- Full side-zippers on the legs for efficiency and breathability.
- Hand pockets for warmth and easy storage.
- Full length zips for easy on and off and added breathability.
- Reinforced knees and seat to add durability in the high-use areas.
- Water-resistant, but remains breathable.
- Hip pockets with fleece lining to keep hands warm and cozy.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No adjustment on the inseam length for various body types.
- No belt loops or belt cinch, limiting the adjustability in the waist area.
- The bottom of the pants do not have the same tear-resistant and abrasion-resistant fabric that the upper portion of the pants have, limiting durability.
- Not very compressible, making packing a bit more tedious.
The Mountain Hardwear Compressor Pant for men is a relatively lightweight and warm synthetic pant. The reinforced knees and seat of the pants protect high use areas, although some users complain that the ankle cuffs could use similar reinforcements. Naturally, a pant like these is not easily packable, but the breathability, comfort, and durability make this a top choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.