We’ve read the reviews across the web for the 686 Smarty 3-in-1 Form Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 88
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- High-quality material and construction for a long-lasting product.
- Comfortable to wear all-day-long on the mountain.
- Waterproofing works well in a variety of conditions for versatility.
- The pant-to-jacket system is efficient and works well.
- Does a great job at blocking the wind from entering and making the user cold.
- Provides substantial warmth for a thinner jacket, although some users may wish the jacket was thicker to begin with.
- The fit isn’t too baggy or too tight, or a functional fit.
- Features a removable liner for temperature flexibility.
- Features pit vents for added breathability during warm days.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the hood being too small to fit over a helmet.
- The liner is clingy to both wool and cotton, so it can be tedious to put on the jacket.
- The sleeves are a little tight for climbing comfortably.
- Some users found the jacket not as warm as they were hoping.
- Some bigger-sized people may wish that the length was a bit longer.
The 686 Smarty 3-in-1 Form Jacket for men is a high-quality, waterproof, and comfortable jacket to wear all-day-long on the mountain. Despite not being as thick as some hoped and the material being a bit clingy, the jacket provides weather protection and warmth for a thinner jacket. Although many users like the fit, it might be too tight in the sleeves for climbing functionality.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.