We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Tepui Kukenam Sky Tent: 3-Person 4-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 49
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very convenient for car camping.
- Holds up well in high winds if tied down properly.
- Breathes well and ventilates efficiently.
- Provided with a decent and comfortable mattress for sleeping.
- Easy to set up and put away.
- The terrain doesn’t matter, allowing for versatility.
- Don’t have to worry about flooding or snow.
- Plenty of options for add-ons for customization.
- Skylight provided for added views and atmosphere.
- Safe from animals since it is raised off the ground.
- Allows for wind and breathability.
- Easy to set up by one person.
- Can be fully set-up in less than 10 minutes.
- Able to pack pillows and bedding inside the tent for added functionality.
- Easy to use anywhere, since you don’t need to find perfectly flat ground.
- Great views from the tent since it is raised off the ground.
- Heavier canvas fabric and aluminum account for durability.
- Cited as being very adaptable due to being able to use in any climate and providing a detachable rain fly.
- Features a ‘Zipper Gimp’ which attaches the canopy to the base and allows you to swap out the canopy based on the weather conditions.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some durability issues of the corners cracking over time.
- The sides can sometimes hang out over the side of the vehicle if they are not properly tied down.
- The memory foam mattress can get a little stiff in cold weather.
- More expensive than the average tent.
- Getting up and down is more difficult than getting in and out of a regular tent.
- Need to find somewhere level to park your car.
- The instructions for set-up are minimal, so you need to already know how to set up the tent or watch videos before the first time.
- The ladder can get slippery in wet weather.
- Takes some time to unfold and set up properly the first time.
- Will not be able to be carried by smaller and lower-weight vehicles.
- Might limit the spaces you can camp, since you will usually have to park at the trail-head and not secluded wilderness.
The Tepui Kukenam Sky Tent: 3-Person 4-Season is a great option for those who love car camping and have a durable vehicle to go the distance. The comfort provided make this a great option for those who don’t want to sleep on the ground or spend too much setup time, but still want the freedom to sleep outside and find some seclusion. The durability, breathability, and functionality make this a top choice.