We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Therm-a-Rest Oberon Sleeing Bag: 0-Degree Down and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 96 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: 5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 64
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides extra warmth while sleeping in sub-freezing temperatures.
- The connectors in the bag ensure you won’t slide off of the sleeping pad while tossing and turning during the night.
- Very lightweight for easy carrying over long distances.
- The toe box is cozy and provides extra warmth to keep your feet comfortable during cold nights.
- Packs very small to make it compatible for backpacking or long camping trips.
- The zipper is durable and sturdy for long-lasting use.
- The hood is deep enough for heat retention to keep your head warm throughout the night.
- Features 800-fill down for extreme warmth in the winter months.
- Provides a good fit without too much extra space that can lead to drafts and cold spots.
- The shell is DWR-coated for extra water resistance and protection during rainy nights.
- The face fabric is 20D ripstop polyester, ensuring it will not rip or tear during a night of sleeping.
- The zipper has a long cord, making it easy to grab with mittens or gloves on.
- Contains a 1-inch baffle in the footbox to provide extra insulation and warmth.
- Features quilt and blanket loops for added functionality.
- Features a small zippered pocket for your phone or small gear item for easy accessibility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the zipper catching in the material, which can eventually lead to rips.
- The compression bag could be smaller to compress the bag further and allow for easier travel.
- The zipper can potentially pop if there is too much pressure placed on the top of the bag, so you just need to be careful while sleeping.
The Therm-a-Rest Oberon Sleeping Bag: 0-Degree Down is a warm, protective, and comfortable option that works well for 4-season use. With a light construction that makes it suitable for long-distance trips, this sleeping bag is a high-end option that will keep you cozy during tough winter nights.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.