We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Cerium LT Down Vest – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 77
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very lightweight and stylish.
- Great fit and warmth provided.
- Easy to layer the vest under a jacket in colder temperatures.
- Tapers at the waist for a slim fit.
- Features two hand-zippered pockets for secure storage.
- Rear hem has elastic to ensure snug fit and keep heat inside.
- The Down Composite Mapping places synthetic insulation in high-moisture areas to maintain warmth when wet, and down insulation in the rest of the vest.
- The higher collar provides protection from wind.
- 850-fill down provides a great warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Compresses very well and easy to transport.
- The outer layer is treated with DWR to protect against light precipitation.
- Ripstop nylon aids in protection and durability against abrasion.
- Depending on circumstance, can retain warmth while damp, and dries quickly.
- Comes with a stuff sack for easy storage and transport.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the zippers being too small, flimsy, and not as durable as the rest of the vest.
- Sizing runs small, so may need to try on before purchasing.
- Less insulation than the previous model, so not as much warmth provided.
- No drawcord at the waist for adjustability.
- Some durability issues, such as down leaking and the zipper breaking.
- There are lighter options for ultralight adventurers.
The Arc’teryx Cerium LT Down Vest for men is a lightweight, durable, and breathable option for those who want a warm layering option. The strategic placement of synthetic insulation around the down allows for the retention of warmth even when damp. Overall, this vest is a smartly designed layering piece that has clear advantages over the competition.