We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Alpha SL Gore-Tex Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 29
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very lightweight but durable.
- Very waterproof and windproof.
- Comfortable enough to wear on their own, over shorts, or over pants.
- Extra fabric on the inside ankle helps to keep bottoms from wearing down.
- Very, very good waterproofing.
- The elastic cuffs work well to keep water out.
- They are contoured well for motion.
- Pretty breathable, considering the nature of the product.
- The side zips make them easier to put on.
- Pack down to the size of a soda can.
- Very durable, although they will rip from crampons, sharp ski edges, etc.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No outer pockets.
- The waist adjustment hooks can be a bit difficult to navigate, especially in cold weather.
- The hip zippers can dig into your sides while wearing a harness.
- The fabric is loud.
- Does not have pockets.
- Expensive, although the long time they should hold up makes up for it.
The Arc’teryx Alpha SL Gore-Tex Pant for men is an extremely lightweight and packable pair of rain pants that also manage to be some of the most waterproof on the market. These parts are very durable for their lightness, and can last years, even with regular use, although the Gore-Tex will have to be re-treated with waterproofing spray eventually. These pants do not have pockets, and some users dislike the hook-clasp system on the waist, but most everyone agrees that these pants will keep you dry for a long time, making them worth the price.