We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Gamma MX Softshell Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 55
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Able to maintain your body temperature during cold weather activity.
- The fit is comfortable, and provides enough stretch to be able to have a full range of motion.
- Ample pockets for storage.
- Versatile due to the low weight, high warmth and breathability provided.
- Wicks moisture away and dries quickly.
- Feels soft against your skin due to the fleece interior.
- Rugged, but still maintains a soft feel.
- Repels light precipitation.
- Trim and snug fit for style and to keep the snow out.
- Breathable during high intensity activity.
- High-quality construction and material.
- Pant cuffs fit nicely over touring boots.
- Provides enough stretch for easy mobility during outdoor activities.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The fly has a weird cut, similar to the Arc’teryx Palisade pant.
- Crampon guard isn’t high enough to protect against tears.
- The sizing runs a bit long, so you may need to size down.
- No side zippers for extra ventilation.
- Crotch/fly is too short.
- Fabric stains easily.
- Will need to perform upkeep on the pants to maintain water-resistance.
- No rear pockets.
The Arc’teryx Gamma MX Softshell Pant for men is a lightweight, breathable, and highly versatile cold weather pant. It shines during high intensity outdoor activities, as well as cruising around town. If you were to buy only one pair of outdoor pants for winter activities, this could be the top choice.