We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Timberland Chocorua Trail Mid GTX Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 3236
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Good for those who need extra support for their feet.
- Able to suit wider feet.
- Keeps your feet dry in wet weather.
- Minimal break-in period for almost immediate comfort.
- Long-lasting material and construction.
- Enough room to wear thicker socks underneath.
- True to size for easy fitting.
- Stiff sole makes it easy to handle serious terrain.
- The boot does not cause hot spots or blisters.
- The ankle bones are protected by padded cushioning for adequate support and comfort.
- No friction on the ankle.
- The upper portion consists of full-grain waterproof leather for durability and weatherproof abilities.
- The front of the boot uses a toe bumper that protects against debris.
- Very minimal break-in time leads to immediate comfort.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the most defined tread and lug grip on loose and unstable terrain.
- Not the best shoe for narrow feet.
- Some reports of not being completely waterproof while using in real world conditions.
- The outer soles can get worn-down if used frequently on very hard ground or urban areas on concrete.
- Some reports of the lacing coming undone during use.
The Timberland Chocorua Trail Mid GTX Boot for men is a supportive, roomy, long-lasting, and stiff boot that is best for wider feet that require extra support and cushioning. The limited tread definition and some questions about the waterproofing abilities should be considered, but these are still a solid boot for those with normal-to-wide feet who prefer cushioning over tread.