We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 117
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Minimal break-in time.
- Relatively durable and lightweight.
- Great traction on various terrain.
- Long-lasting over hundreds of miles.
- The full-length lacing is great for adjustability.
- Gore-Tex lining and durable upper provides waterproofing and protection.
- The flex system lets your ankle flex, while preventing any roll-over laterally.
- Great stability and traction on loose trails.
- The EVA midsole provides nice support and rigidity.
- The Vibram outsole performs well on various terrain.
- The rubber rand around the toe and heel of the boot protect against outside debris.
- Made of fast-drying material to allow for a quick drying time and enhanced breathability.
- Has enough cushioning for all-day use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the laminate separating from the boot after minimal use.
- Waterproof, but the tongue doesn’t repel water, so your feet can still get wet inside.
- Some issues of the seam between the rubber toe cap and the tongue letting water through.
- The look isn’t the most stylish, and looks relatively cheap, despite high-quality build and materials.
- Not the lightest option on the market.
- Boot doesn’t provide the best support.
- The insole is low quality.
- Durability is not necessarily that great.
The La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX Boot for men is a nice boot that is relatively lightweight and durable. It generally provides good protection, stability, and traction. Despite not being the lightest or fully waterproof, this is still a pretty good option for burly day hikes and light backpacking.