We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Tenaya Tarifa Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 92 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: 4.1 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 52
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable for longer routes and sessions.
- Fits well and is a comfortable fit.
- Provides solid grip and precise use.
- The design and qualities make this a great choice for bouldering or edging.
- Able to use efficiently on slab climbs that have minimal footholds.
- This shoe balances speed and precision, combining to create a versatile shoe.
- The sock liner adds some comfort to the shoe without lessening the grip ability.
- A medium-stiff shoe that provides high-quality performance.
- The stiffness in the heel and flexibility in the midfoot provide a combination of support and flexing ability, allowing this shoe to excel at edging and smearing.
- The fitted sock interior liner makes the shoe feel snug.
- Able to tighten the laces to provide a customized and snug fit.
- The Vibram XS Grip rubber encompasses the sides of the shoe, making this shoe good for toe and heel hooking.
- No wear-and-tear after months of use.
- Versatile shoe due to the stiffness and flexibility provided.
- The best pocket climber on the market.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- May need to size down one full size from your street size.
- The sock liner can start to smell after prolonged use.
- The heel might be too roomy for some foot shapes.
- Not the most durable option due to the sensitivity and grip, but this is what makes the shoe efficient for the type of climbing you may need.
- The right size can be difficult to find due to the necessity of sizing down.
- The sizing runs big, so you will need to size down at least half a size.
The Tenaya Tarifa Climbing Shoe is a multifaceted, comfortable, and narrow option that can perform well on edging, bouldering, and slab climbing routes. The combination of stiffness and flexibility allows this to be a versatile choice for any level climber. The durability isn’t the best due to the flexible feel, and the sizing issues may cause some problems when buying, but if you are looking for a snug all-around option, this is a great choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.