We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mammut Infinity Protect Climbing Rope – 9.5mm and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 30
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Great durability and performance.
- Light and feeds smoothly.
- Long-lasting over multiple seasons.
- Resists kinks and knots.
- The sheath is more durable than non-treated ropes, increasing the lifespan.
- 9.5mm diameter keeps the weight lower, and provides versatility to work with multiple ATCs.
- Stiffness makes the rope easy to clip to harness.
- Sheath is soft to touch, but not slippery.
- Durable enough to withstand various types of climbing.
- Water beads up efficiently on the surface.
- The rope stays clean even after prolonged use.
- Able to be used for a variety of climbing due to the versatility of the rope material, length, and durability.
- The combination of stiffness with flexibility, without being floppy, aids to the clipping abilities.
- 40% more abrasion-resistant than non-treated ropes, showing durability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of shrinkage occurring after use.
- Not the cheapest option when compared to ropes of the same length and diameter.
- On the expensive side.
- It doesn’t handle as well as thinner models did in competition.
- Doesn’t have water-repellent properties like Mammut Dry does, and gets stiffer quicker.
The Mammut Infinity Protect Climbing Rope – 9.5mm is a durable, stiff, supple, and lightweight option that is versatile enough for a variety of climbing conditions. Despite some reports of shrinkage and not being the cheapest option on the market, this rope is a great choice for climbers who want a combination of stiffness and flexibility to withstand multiple climbing surfaces.