We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Edelweiss Canyon EverDry Static Rope – 9.6mm and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 16
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Does not absorb water.
- Good for canyoneering.
- A good value for the price.
- Easy to handle and holds knots well, even when new.
- The bright color makes it easy to see, although it does show dirt easily.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Can work for top roping, but may offer too much stretch on falls.
- Some users have had problems with the sheath wearing down quickly.
- Will shrink if not soaked before use.
- “EveryDry” treatment should be referred to as “will this rope ever dry?”
The Edelweiss Canyon EverDry Static Rope – 9.6mm is specifically designed for use in canyoneering, and is water resistant for lightness and durability. This rope handles easily, even out of the box, but requires a soak before using, as there will be a small amount of shrinkage. All in all, this rope is a good value for the price and a great option for beginner cannoneers, and even those who would like to do a bit of top-roping, although there is too much stretch for use on lead climbing.