We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Stratos 24L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 133
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Good ventilation for the back.
- Stable on the back and does not bounce around when in movement.
- Good pockets in useful places.
- Very comfortable.
- Very durable.
- The rain cover works very well and is easy to access.
- Great carrying comfort.
- Distributes weight well to carry on your hips.
- The mesh back panel provides great back ventilation.
- Useful, well-designed pockets that increase organization.
- High quality and durable all the way down to the integrated rain cover.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Difficult to load hydration pouch into place.
- Small hip pockets.
- Water bottle pockets do not stretch.
- Not very packable and only compresses horizontally.
- Designed as a day pack and is not very adaptable to longer trips or even to some in-town uses.
- The many features increase the weight.
- Not packable, largely because of the back ventilation design.
- Only available in one size, although there is a large range of adjustability makes it pretty easy to get a good fit on most bodies.
- Expensive for a day pack.
- The mesh back panel cuts down on available carrying space.
- When filled and heavy, the weight is carried very far back.
The Osprey Packs Stratos 24L Backpack is a favorite among those who want a day trip backpack with a lot of comfort and ventilation, as it provides good airflow to the back and distributes weight well to the hips. This pack includes many useful pockets and features like an integrated rain cover and an internal frame, but these also make it a heavy and non-compressible pack. People also have had some trouble with fitting hydration packs into the provided pouch, but overall the durability, comfort, and stability of this pack keep people loyal to the Stratos for day hikes.