We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Backcountry Silver Fork 750 Hooded Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 15
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very soft and comfortable material.
- Hood is encompassing and has a cinch for adjustability in the back.
- Easily compressible for quick packing.
- Warm without being too bulky or puffy.
- Pockets are easily accessible and are deep enough to hold bigger items.
- The lightweight goose down can keep you warm without being too heavy.
- Water-resistant finish to protect against light precipitation.
- Packs down into own chest pocket for easy storage.
- Slim fit and lightweight.
- The ripstop shell is durable and can withstand wear-and-tear.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the jacket running small in the chest area, so if you size up, the other areas may be too big/long.
- Some reports of the main zipper getting stuck.
- Multiple reports of the sleeve length not fitting correctly and being too short.
The Backcountry Silver Fork 750 Hooded Jacket for women is a nice looking, adjustable, and compressible layering option that is well-suited for those who want an easily-packable jacket for various occasions. The ability of this jacket to provide warmth without being too poofy or too bulky enhances the versatility. The issues with the sizing and the sleeve length will deter some active users who need a sleeve length that fully covers, but for those who want a casual layer, this is a nice choice.