We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Topo Designs Klettersack 22L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 94
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very heavy-duty and durable.
- Stitching is top-quality, albeit not the cleanest lines.
- Comfortable shoulder straps and waist belt.
- Features various pockets for storage options.
- Classic style-look that is also functional.
- Compression straps can easily adjust to accommodate gear on the front.
- Features top loading pocket with buckles for convenience.
- Zippered pockets provide secure storage.
- Zippers are durable and easy to grasp.
- Thick materials and strong stitching provide durability.
- Wide and comfortable shoulder straps are padded and non-restrictive.
- The front straps are strong enough to lock down items securely.
- 1000D Cordura is extremely durable.
- Features an interior laptop sleeve for convenience.
- Features 4 leather lash-tabs on the front for style and functionality.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The side pockets don’t fit bigger water bottles, like a 32-oz. Nalgene.
- Doesn’t breathe well in warmer weather due to the heavy-duty nylon.
- Expensive option, but withstands extreme wear-and-tear.
- Not the lightest or cheapest 22L pack.
- The Cordura makes the pack heavier, and might not be the best option for longer hikes.
- Back padding can get uncomfortable on a hot day and doesn’t breathe well.
The Topo Designs Klettersack 22L Backpack is an extremely durable, comfortable, stylish, and functional pack that can be used in various conditions. The resistance to wear-and-tear makes this a long-lasting choice, even though the added weight and toughness makes this not the best choice for long hikes on warmer days. Despite being expensive, this backpack will last many years, making the high-price worth it.