We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Vasque Mantra 2.0 Hiking Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 829
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Runs true to size.
- Provides adequate ventilation and breathability.
- Lacing is sufficient and keeps your foot snug.
- The tongue aids in keeping debris out of the shoe.
- Some room in the toe-box for movement on descents, and a comfortable heel fit.
- Fit does not tend to cause hot spots or blisters areas.
- Provides good arch support.
- Durable and long-lasting material and build.
- Wear-and-tear prone sections are made with durable leather.
- Tough laces that stay tied and withstand rough trails.
- Provides adequate ankle support for tough terrain.
- Pull-on loops aid in the ease of getting on and off.
- Gore-Tex waterproof liner for weather protection.
- Provides adequate arch support.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of durability issues with the sole falling apart after only minimal use.
- Some reports of the shoe not being fully waterproof.
- Might run a little hot in the summer due to lack of sufficient breathability in warm weather.
- The thinner tread can come off in certain areas.
- Might be too wide for some narrower-shaped feet.
- Some reports of the loop for the laces not being very durable.
- Some reports of water seeping in during use.
- Toe rand seams can show wear after minimal use.
- It doesn’t do well under heavier loads due to the flexibility provided.
- The lateral flexibility and the softer upper which provides comfort, unfortunately, contributes to a less stable shoe in rocky conditions.
The Vasque Mantra 2.0 Hiking Shoe for men is a comfortable shoe that is suitable for hiking in moderate conditions. Some concerns about durability issues, lack of stability, and waterproofing failures may deter some hikers who frequent very-rough terrain in extreme weather, but for those who hike in milder conditions and prefer moderate support and a comfortable fit, this is a good option.