We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX Trail Running Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 462
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lug pattern works well on various surfaces and is durable.
- Comfortable and lightweight.
- Narrow toe-box aids in precision when walking.
- Quick-lace system aids in efficiency, with the extra laces tucking into the tongue.
- Offers great stability on a wide range of terrains.
- Gore-Tex works well in wet environments to keep your feet dry.
- Heel cup has good cushioning around the ankle for comfort and support.
- Lacing system and sock liner contribute to the snug and supportive fit.
- Grip is good in most conditions.
- The studs design prevents mud from clogging the bottom of the shoes.
- Upper of the shoes are now water-resistant.
- Mudguard and abrasion-resistant qualities enhance durability and protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- May not be wide enough for some foot shapes.
- Narrow toe-box can cause blisters.
- Some reports of the tread and sole wearing out fairly quickly.
- Some reports of the laces loosening through the toggle occasionally.
- The insole of the shoe can crease under your foot during use.
- Tread wears out quicker than other similar models.
The Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX Trail Running Shoe for men is a comfortable, stable, and high-grip shoe that is designed for various surfaces, enhancing confidence with each step. The ability to sufficiently grip rocky and loose terrain is important for a high-quality trail shoe, while the Gore-Tex aids in keeping your feet dry. Despite some reports of the tread wearing quickly, if you keep these shoes off the pavement and harder surfaces, they will do their job for a long time.