We’ve read the reviews across the web for the 686 GLCR Hydra Thermagraph Insulated Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 24
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Insulation is provided around the core to maintain your body temperature.
- Articulated fit allows for mobility and freedom of movement.
- Offset asymmetrical zipper prevents the zipper from scratching at your chin.
- Easy to layer underneath comfortably.
- Vader vents (multi-holed passive ventilation system) allow for breathability and enhanced ventilation.
- Soft inside on the neck cuff for added comfort.
- Pit zips with 2-way zippers for ease of use.
- Colors are attractive and flattering.
- The collar zips up and to the side for comfort around the face area.
- Deep chest pocket allows for convenient storage.
- Fleece-lined collar provides warmth.
- Removable powder skirt and jacket-to-pant connection is available for added functionality.
- Mesh pocket for goggles and media pocket for headphones add to the technical features.
- Hood is helmet-compatible.
- Uses thermograph body mapping insulation to provide extra insulation in places that the human body needs it most.
- Chest pocket with slanted entrance for accessible use.
- Adjustable hood to customize fit and protection abilities.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Sleeves might be a little long for some body types.
- Too warm for hotter temperatures.
- Adjustable cuffs can be difficult to get on and off with gloves on.
The 686 GLCR Hydra Thermagraph Insulated Jacket for men is an insulated, mobile, comfortable, and technical jacket that is designed for long days on the slopes. The design specs, like an asymmetrical zipper, unique venting system, and a mesh pocket for goggles shows attention to detail which makes this a top-of-the-line skiing or snowboarding jacket.