We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Chris King InSet 3 Tapered Headset with Griplock and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 29
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Smooth and easy to install.
- Higher end of the price spectrum, but the high quality is worth the extra money.
- Looks stylish and top-of-the-line.
- Provides optimal performance on every ride.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Attractive colors and quality craftsmanship.
- Precision making with high-quality bearings.
- Simple and easy maintenance.
- Bearing cap uses a split compression ring in order to center the steerer tube, making it more secure.
- 10 year warranty on the bearings.
- Griplock wedge system is able to fit with existing headsets, allowing for versatility.
- A high-quality headset that will last decades.
- Spins nicely and has a solid and secure feel.
- Bearings perform consistently over time and don’t wear out.
- The installation is straightforward and easy to figure out.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the headset coming loose very quickly, and then coming loose again even after being tightened at a mechanic shop.
- Not necessarily an upgrade over most stock headsets but looks cool and works well.
The Chris King InSet 3 Tapered Headset with Griplock is a stylish, durable, versatile, and high-quality headset that has been proven to last multiple years due to the top-of-the-line craftsmanship. The higher price reflects the high quality, and is a headset that all intense cyclists could enjoy, due to the longevity and performance provided.