We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Lake MX237 Wide Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 28
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The leather construction is stylish and durable for long-term use.
- Durable for multi-season use in tough terrain.
- The BOA easily adjusts the tightness of the shoe for complete personalization.
- The rubber outsole provides great traction on uneven trails and slippery terrain for off-the-bike use.
- The wide fit works well for cyclists who have a wider foot shape.
- Versatile for use on a wide vareity of terrain and for different types of training rides.
- Contains abrasion-resistant patches on the toe and heel for added protection.
- Features two BOA dials to quickly tighten or loosen the shoe to get the perfect fit.
- The heel stays firmly in place while doing hard pushes in the saddle.
- The rubber lugs provide plenty of grip and traction for walking on trails off the bike.
- The mid-volume last increases comfort on and off the bike for increased functionality.
- The stiff carbon sole provides ample power transfer for increased performance.
- The upper leather is very durable against tough terrain.
- This shoe is performance-oriented for advanced cyclists who undergo hard training and workouts.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the tongue poking the top of the ankle, leading to an uncomfortable feel while pedaling.
- Heavier than other cycling shoes on the market due to the leather construction and wider fit.
- The stiff leather can take a few rides to break-in, so the shoe is not immediately comfortable right out of the box.
The Lake MX237 Wide Cycling Shoe for men is a durable, adjustable, and high-grip option that works well for cyclists with a wider foot shape who want a comfortable and long-lasting choice. Once you break-in the high-quality leather, you will benefit from the on-and-off-the-bike comfort, impressive traction, and versatility.