We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Tent: 2-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 171
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Surprisingly durable given the very lightweight fabric.
- Tent stayed dry under six inches of snow and high wind.
- Mesh walls provide ventilation and allow you to see the stars if you don’t need the rainfly.
- Color-coded poles make it easy to set up.
- Tent is fully free-standing
- Geometric design is strong and sturdy in wind and rain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- A few users reported poles snapping and the tent leaking.
- Even though this is a 2-person tent, it is snug for two large people.
- Zippers are fragile and need to be treated with care.
- Tapered shape limits the orientation of people in the tent.
- Difficulty holding up under even a small amount of snow.
- The materials that make this tent lightweight also make it less durable.
The Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 2-Person 3-Season tent is very lightweight and easy to pack. It has enough headroom to change clothes while sitting up, though space may be a little tight for two large people. The tent is easy to set up and holds up in wind and rain. Due to its ultralight construction, the fabric, zippers and poles need to be treated carefully to avoid damaging them.