We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Tungsten UL Tent: 3-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 26
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The tent has great airflow to promote breathability and ventilation during summer nights.
- The free-standing construction increases the versatility of pitching this tent.
- The double-walled construction prevents moisture and condensation build-up during humid nights.
- Features enough room for two adults and gear to move around comfortably.
- The fly contains plenty of guy points to firmly hold it down during high winds.
- Light enough to take on a 2-person backpacking trip.
- Keeps you protected during prolonged precipitation and intense gusts of wind.
- The 20-denier polyester helps keep the material taut in high winds to prevent flapping or loud noises.
- Features organizers inside to keep your small gear items separated and safe.
- The set-up is simple and fast for beginner use.
- The vertical walls and the high ceiling increase the spaciousness of the tent.
- Provides ventilation for temperature regulation in warm conditions.
- Features side doors for easy access.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The materials are lightweight, which makes them not as durable as other heavy-duty options.
- Does not come with a footprint for added functionality.
- During harsh rain, the water can bounce through the tent’s mesh walls, reducing protective qualities.
- Not the lightest option for this category of tent.
- The 41.5-square-foot floor layout might be too snug for three bigger-sized people.
- Only contain two vestibules for gear storage, making it difficult for three people.
The Marmot Tungsten UL Tent: 3-Person 3-Season is a durable, protective, and easy-to-use option that can fit two people and their backpacking gear with ease. Although a bit snug for 3 people plus gear, this lightweight tent works well for 2-person backpacking trips, 3-person car camping adventures, and keeping all occupants protected and comfortable during a wide range of temperatures.