We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Hydrogen Sleeping Bag: 30 Degree Down and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 46
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very warm for being lightweight.
- The interior pocket is convenient and easy to use.
- The zippers are reliable and sturdy.
- Fabric is comfortable and provides ample mobility.
- Compressible and easy to pack.
- Durable and long-lasting over multiple seasons.
- The shorter second-zipper is convenient for venting and allowing more room.
- Very lightweight and easily packable.
- The hood is well designed and easy to operate quickly.
- Features 850-fill power down, which is high and provides ample warmth.
- Full-length zipper allows you to easily get in and out of the bag.
- Packs down smaller than most bags similar to this one.
- Comfortable, warm, and packs small.
- Cut larger in the shoulder and hip areas for extra comfort.
- Interior-lining material feels soft and comfortable.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of dead spots in the baffles which allow cold to seep through.
- Some reports of not being as warm as expected.
- Slightly heavier than ultra-lightweight bags, being 3-4 ounces heavier.
- The 30-degree rating might not be completely accurate, and might run a little colder.
- Will not be warm enough for colder weather going into the winter months, in sub-freezing temperatures.
- Higher weight than some of the competition.
The Marmot Hydrogen Sleeping Bag: 30 Degree Down is a warm, comfortable, and easily-packable bag that provides a comfortable sleep in above and near-freezing temperatures. This bag provides ample comfort and a easy-to-use hood that will be suitable for most campers and backpackers out in mild temps.