We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Blue Water 10.2mm ELIMINATOR Single Rope and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 18
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile for various climbing conditions.
- Durable and strong material.
- Smooth feeding through carabiners for ease of use.
- Thick enough to make it easier to untie knots.
- Provides soft catches for extra comfort and safety.
- Lightweight for a 10.2mm diameter rope.
- Handles well and is reliable.
- Provides great durability and security that beginner climbers may look for.
- UIAA fall rating of 8, which is very high, and measures the number of falls the rope can withstand.
- 10.2mm provides ample thickness for strength and durability.
- Passes through belay devices smoothly and doesn’t catch.
- Provides a soft and trustworthy catch on falls, enhancing safety.
- Lightweight for its thickness, making it easy to transport and toss into your bag.
- Similarly priced to other thinner ropes, creating a great value for what you’re getting.
- Works well on various types of climbing, performing well both indoors and outdoors.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Reports of the rope getting twisted during use.
- Despite being lightweight, the weight is still a little heavier than some other options due to having a thicker diameter.
- Doesn’t provide a middle mark for the halfway point.
- The sheath can fray easily and quickly.
- Have to spend extra money to get the bi-pattern marking on the rope.
The Blue Water 10.2mm ELIMINATOR Single Rope is a versatile, durable, and easy-to-use rope that is well-suited for those looking for a safe and durable rope. The high UIAA rating provides some confidence while climbing, and makes this a great choice. This rope is a great choice for all climbers.