We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Rab Electron Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 277
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Features high-quality materials and construction for long-lasting use.
- Very warm for comfort during cold temperatures.
- Lightweight for easy transporting or packing in small backpacks.
- Water and wind-resistant for protection against light precipitation.
- The inner lining is soft and comfortable against your skin during all-day use.
- The fit is stylish and flattering for a variety of body types.
- The fabric is durable to withstand abrasion and prevent any snags or tears.
- The hood is adjustable to fully protect during inclement weather.
- Stylish for use on or off the trail.
- The hood is fully protective and adjustable to keep your head warm during cold days.
- The cuffs are stretchy to seal in the warmth and keep out the cold.
- Versatile to wear in a wide range of conditions, using as a stand-alone layer or for an insulating layer during very wet or windy weather.
- Comfortable for wearing all-day long in a variety of weather conditions.
- The zippers are sturdy and durable for a smooth glide and easy grip while wearing gloves.
- The arms are slim to allow you to easily layer in very cold or windy conditions.
- Features two external hand pockets and one inside chest pocket for storage of small items.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The material is noisy and can be annoying to some users.
- The side pockets are not very big to hold bigger gear items, showing a lack of functionality.
- Does not contain an outer chest pocket for convenient storage of 1-2 small items.
- Does not have the best heat retention when compared to other similar jackets on the market.
- Might be too warm for use as a jacket during intense weather conditions in mild temperatures. y
- Does not contain a two-way zip, which some users think contributes to a lack of functionality and ease-of-use.
The Rab Electron Down Jacket for men is a comfortable, flattering, and versatile option that can work as a stand-alone jacket in the shoulder seasons or as a layering jacket in very cold or wet conditions. With elastic cuffs, comfortable material, and a stylish cut, this down jacket can work well for walking around town, hiking on the trails, or braving cold alpine temperatures.