We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Fuse Brigandine Hooded Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 38
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Breathable and comfortable for all-day use.
- Lightweight and dries quickly after getting wet.
- Provides ample wind and water protection for intense weather.
- Features numerous pockets to organize all of your gear efficiently.
- Keeps you warm in tough weather, but doesn’t overheat during activities.
- Hood is helmet-compatible and adjustable for added functionality.
- Very versatile for extremely cold weather or casual use due to the materials and fit.
- The goggle cloth can wipe the powder from your goggles easily.
- The construction is high-quality and saves on weight.
- Features an internal goggle pocket and stash pocket for functionality and storage.
- The thumb loop cuffs are comfortable against your skin.
- The Gore-Tex material protects against the weather and keeps you warm and dry.
- The jacket uses durable and heavy-duty material in high-wear areas for a long-lasting jacket.
- Low profile and breathable for short skins or backcountry excursions.
- Contains a chest pocket with a radio holder for safety and efficiency.
- The five pockets provide ample storage space and organization.
- Minimal seam construction to prevent water from getting inside of your jacket.
- Designed to integrate with the Steep Series pants for extra functionality.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Doesn’t come with Recco capabilities for extra safety.
- No loop to easily hang this jacket after using.
- The cut of the jacket goes down to mid-thigh which some shorter riders may not like.
- Too expensive for riders who don’t take advantage of the slopes year-round.
The North Face Fuse Brigandine Hooded Jacket for men is a protective, durable, and high-quality option that is suited for intense weather for skiers and snowboarders. Despite being expensive and lacking Recco reflector gear compatibility, this jacket is otherwise highly functional. This hooded jacket can protect you from all of the elements, prevent you from overheating, and hold all of your gear while you’re on the mountain.