We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Patrol Glove and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 63
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Well-articulated for patrol work, or other tasks that require dexterity.
- Keeps your hands warm and dry.
- Durable, especially if you apply the wax that is included.
- These gloves are also great for climbing.
- These leather gloves hold up well to all the challenges of ski patrol work, such as carpentry, hauling gear and shoveling snow.
- Goat leather is durable and lightweight.
- Durable and comfortable.
- Removable liners allow them to dry more quickly.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users reported the gloves did not keep their hands warm.
- No wrist straps to prevent losing the gloves.
- Suitable for temperatures down to 20 degrees Fahrenheit, but not for northern winters with below zero temps.
- Several users reported sizing was too small, and glove fingers did not fit well.
- The liner comes out when you remove the gloves, making it difficult to put them back on.
- Not breathable.
- Not the most dexterous gloves.
The Black Diamond Patrol Gloves, as the name indicates, are durable and flexible enough for all the demands a ski patroller might face in a work day. Many of the traits that make these great gloves for patrollers, also make them great for the general public. While the goat leather and fleece lining keep your hands warm and dry in most conditions, they may not provide enough warmth in extreme cold temps. The gloves pack well and are a good option for those who value durability and ruggedness.