We’ve read the reviews across the web for the NEMO Equipment Inc. Stargaze Luxury Recliner Camp Chair and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 179
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Many reports of being comfortable.
- Reclining system works well.
- Easy to set up and transport.
- Mesh feels durable and is breathable.
- Carrying bag for easy transport.
- Roomier and has more space than a normal camp chair.
- Features side slots for beverages or phones.
- The chair auto-reclines due to the strap arrangement for easy use.
- Supports your back as you’re sitting up, and strap changes to accommodate you horizontally as you decline.
- The head rest is comfortable.
- The heavy-duty aluminum will withstand up to 300 pounds.
- Easy to set up out of the bag.
- Bacteria-resistant nylon mesh seat resists odors.
- Easily breaks down and packs into storage back with a shoulder strap for easy carrying.
- Weatherproof mono-filament mesh provides adequate breathability and durability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- A bit heavy when compared to other camping chair options.
- Some found the mesh uncomfortable at the seams.
- No footrest attachment.
- You end up being a little hunched forward when the chair is set for a sitting-upright position.
- Expensive option when compared to other camp chairs.
- The arm rest positions are awkwardly-placed for taller people.
- The recliner was recalled in numerous instances when it was found defective.
- Reports of chairs breaking and being recalled multiple times.
- The plastic joint supports that are attached to the legs can break, and cause the user to fall.
- This chair underwent two recalls in only 7 months, due to the buckle system being improperly installed, and incidents of joints breaking.
- Not considered a lightweight camping chair.
- Not light enough for backpacking.
The NEMO Equipment Inc. Stargaze Luxury Recliner Camp Chair is a good option for campers who are prioritizing comfort. This reclining chair is a good option for those who enjoy sitting and relaxing, but may not be the best choice if you’re looking for a reliable and secure option, due to the recalls. Anyone considering this chair should be comfortable with the recalls, the potential awkwardness while sitting up straight, and heavier weight.