We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Gamma LT Softshell Pant – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: 4.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 53
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable in warm and cold weather.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Water-resistant and dries quickly.
- Allows you to move comfortably while hiking or climbing.
- Zippered pockets secure valuables and are large enough for a smart phone.
- Stretchy, durable and comfortable for all the demands of a multi-day backpacking trips
- Most users found them durable on craggy rock, though one experienced snags from thorns.
- Draw cord at ankle cinches around your boots.
- Built-in belt.
- Articulated design gives freedom movement for all activities.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Taller women find the fit too short, while some smaller women found them to be too long.
- May be too warm for summer.
- While they are best worn in cooler weather, they are too slim to layer underneath.
- Lighter colors show dirt easily.
The Arc’teryx Gamma LT Softshell Pants for women are versatile and can meet a wide variety of conditions. They are pricey, but should meet most of your hiking, backpacking, scrambling and climbing demands. The drawcord at the cuff will keep snow out of your boots on spring ski tours, while zippered pockets stash your valuables. The pants will stretch to accommodate your movement, though a few users found they lost their shape.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.