We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Ventrix Hooded Insulated Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 94
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps you warm and dry in all types of inclement weather.
- From windy cities to mountain snow to coastal warmth, this jacket is comfortable and stylish.
- Excellent choice for mountain environments with changing temperatures and weather.
- Comfortable, breathable, wind resistant and water repellent.
- Zippers are high quality and do not snag.
- This jacket can be worn on its own, as an under layer or an outer shell, depending on your activity.
- Windproof and breathable.
- Zippered pockets will fit a smartphone.
- Women-specific cut that provides performance and style.
- The North Face’s proprietary insulation system dumps heat while you are moving and holds it in when you stop – no need to immediately de-layer or re-layer when you stop for a snack.
- Very functional and attractive.
- Sleeves are cut long.
- The ventilation design makes this jacket very versatile for aerobic and not so active pursuits, as well as varying temperatures and types of weather.
- The North Face’s unique “laser perforation” insulation system works, so you don’t overheat or get cold.
- While the tiny perforations cannot be observed in action, wearers feel the jacket breathing and keeping them warm as needed.
- Soft, stretchy and comfortable.
- While not waterproof, the jacket repels water in a drizzle, and the construction prevents water from getting through the inner layers.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not cheap.
- There is no loop to hang the jacket.
- Not as packable as down.
- While the hood fits over a helmet, it cannot be cinched tighter.
- Although this jacket can be worn on its own, the outer fabric is not as tough as a hard shell.
- While there is a drawstring at the hem, a cinchable hood would keep you warmer.
The North Face Ventrix Hooded Insulated Jacket for women is a comfortable, versatile, multi-season jacket for all kinds of mountain activities. The unique ventilation system dumps heat while you’re working and seals up to hold heat in when you stop. This jacket can be worn on its own in warm and moderately cold weather, and fits easily under or over other layers as needed. Zip pockets hold your valuables, so you can head straight to the pub or cafe in style before or after your hike, ski, climb or walk around town.