We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Icebreaker BodyFit 260 Tech Crew – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 320
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Heavier than a traditional base layer for extra warmth, but still lightweight enough for intense activity.
- Sleeves are long enough to fully cover during use.
- Slim fit, but not restricting.
- Back is long enough to fully cover.
- The fabric is soft, but remains durable.
- The material seems to last long, without pilling over time.
- Packs down small and is lightweight to carry.
- Dries quickly after getting wet.
- The Merino wool is soft and isn’t itchy.
- 100% Merino wool works well and thermoregulates.
- Very warm top that also has the capabilities to offload heat.
- Wind-resistance and wicks away moisture from the skin.
- Relaxed athletic fit and non-itchy.
- Not a constricting fit on the shoulders or chest area.
- Doesn’t absorb a lot of water when compared to other Merino wool layers.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the quality being different than previous years, with the material being thinner and not as warm.
- Rode up a little easier than other similar layers.
- Not as stretchy as some other base layers.
The Icebreaker BodyFit 260 Tech Crew for women is a lightweight, warm, durable, breathable, and non-constricting layer that is best used as an active layer. Like all base layers, the lack of water-resistance means this wouldn’t be ideal as an outer layer in wet weather, but the warmth combined with a flexible fit makes this a good choice for intense activities in a variety of conditions.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.