We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Ventrix Insulated Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 389
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Extremely versatile in varying temperatures and activity levels.
- Comfortable and warm.
- Lightweight compared to other jackets that keep you as warm.
- Stylish enough to wear to work in urban environments.
- Performance jacket for mountain activities.
- Stretchy fabric moves with you.
- Sleeves have added durability.
- Maintains comfortable body temperature through various activities.
- Comfortable on its own in cool temperatures, and can be layered when it’s really cold.
- Stays comfortable as your activity level changes due to proprietary ventilation system.
- Keeps you cool while your moving, and warm when you’re not.
- Water resistant.
- Soft and comfortable against your skin.
- Thicker fabric on forearms provides extra durability on heavy wear areas.
- Allows for mobility when climbing or other high performance activities.
- Streamlined, athletic fit that is not binding.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Several men had trouble with sizing.
- Not as packable as down, though it can be stuffed into one of its own pockets to about the size of a football.
- Not waterproof.
- Fairly expensive, though worth the money.
- Hood is not adjustable, and one wearer could not fit it over a helmet.
- Not waterproof in rain or heavy snow; wind resistant only in light wind.
The North Face Ventrix Insulated Jacket for men is a comfortable, highly breathable jacket for all outdoor activities, and is stylish enough to wear in town or when you are not being so active. The proprietary ventilation system is based on your movement, with small laser-cut holes that close up when you stop to trap heat in, and open when you move, to release excess heat. This jacket is water repellent and wind resistant, though not waterproof and not windproof. It is a bit pricey, but a good value for all the use you will get out of it.