We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Transcendent Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 137
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable for all-day use.
- Works well as a mid-weight down jacket when layering during colder temperatures.
- Lightweight for easy layering abilities depending on the outdoor temperature.
- The collar helps protect your neck against cold gusts of wind.
- Features two large zippered hand pockets to keep your valuables secure.
- Comes in a variety of colors for complete personalization.
- Packable and compressible for easy transportation during full-day or multi-day trips.
- Durable for long-term use over multiple seasons.
- Stylish and aesthetic for use on or off the trails.
- The right-hand pocket can double as a stuff sack for increased compatibility.
- Features over-sized zipper pulls for added functionality.
- Comes at a fair price point for the high-quality jacket you receive.
- Very compressible for packing down into tight spaces in your pack.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The cut might be more boxy than some users may like, since it is not a flattering and trim shape.
- Might not be warm enough to wear as a single-layer option during very cold winter days.
- Does not provide enough protection against moisture or precipitation to keep you dry without wearing an outer layer.
- Not very warm to wear as a single layer during cold days.
- Not the lightest option when compared to other very thin jackets.
- The jacket can show stains easily around certain areas, reducing the style and aesthetic look.
- Not very water resistant to protect against consistent snowfall or rain.
The Outdoor Research Transcendent Down Jacket for men is a high-quality, durable, and compressible option that works well as a down, mid-weight layer during cold days. For those who want a layering option that can easily stuff down and fit into small backpacks, this could be a good choice.