We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Ama Dablam Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 110
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Warm and lightweight.
- Adjustable and attractive.
- Fleece-lined pockets are comfortable.
- Basic down jacket with hood and well-placed pockets that is not too bulky.
- Cinchable hem and hood, and adjustable velcro cuffs.
- Hood is amazing.
- Looks good.
- Relatively warm jacket.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Rips too easily, from snagging on branches or even just repeated stuffing and un-stuffing into its own pocket.
- Several wearers found the jacket to not be as warm as it should be for a 800 fill coat.
- Pockets are not large enough.
- Zipper snags.
- Not as warm as it ought to be.
Marmot’s Ama Dablam Down Jacket for men is a relatively warm 800 fill down jacket. The jacket has some nice features, such as handwarmer pockets, a cinchable hood and zippered pockets, but unfortunately, the construction sacrifices some durability. This jacket is not an outer shell so you might expect tears from snagging on trees, however some users report small holes wearing through just from regular use.