We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Burton AK 2L Swash Gore-Tex Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 95
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Zippers are high-quality to prevent any snagging or breaking during use.
- Features vents for temperature regulation during warmer days.
- Weatherproof to keep your legs dry and warm in cold weather and prolonged precipitation.
- Provides a full range of motion for use during snowboarding and skiing.
- Easy to adjust to create a personalized and snug fit.
- The material is thin and lightweight enough for easy layering in cold weather.
- Durable for long-lasting use over multiple ski seasons.
- Blocks the wind to prevent your legs from getting cold during wintry runs.
- Has enough room underneath to wear with a thin thermal pant for extra warmth.
- One of the cargo pockets features a designated area for storing a board tool, increasing snowboard user functionality.
- Contains an elastic pull cord at the bottom of each pant leg to prevent any damage to the cuffs or ankles while walking in tough terrain.
- Placed the vents on the knees for ample temperature regulation.
- Features fully-taped seams for added weather protection and user confidence.
- Features a two-layer Gore-Tex construction for complete weatherproofing.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users may wish the cargo pockets were a little bigger to hold additional items while on the slopes.
- Got rid of the fleece in the rear area and the knees for added warmth, which some users may not like.
- Might be too thin to wear as a stand-alone layer in cold weather since the pants are uninsulated.
The Burton AK 2L Swash Gore-Tex Pant for men is a durable, layerable, and adjustable option that works well for protecting you in cold and wet conditions. Even though these pants might be too thin to wear as a stand-alone layer in the dead of winter, the lightweight construction and uninsulated material make it very easy to layer underneath these pants. If you are searching for a high-quality and breathable option for the mountains, this could be a good choice.