We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Forge Hooded Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 7
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The fit is snug and flattering, making it an ideal choice for casual and performance use.
- Provides ample warmth during shoulder seasons as a stand-alone jacket.
- The material is high-quality for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- Features multiple pockets to hold small gear items and electronics while on the move.
- Works well for various body types and can accommodate those who have an athletic build.
- Provides ample weather resistance during mild rain and wind.
- Contains DWR treatment on the external material for protection against light precipitation.
- The long fit helps keep you warm and avoids riding up during exercise, like hiking or climbing.
- The elastic cuffs and slim fit help seal in heat during cold days.
- Compressible and packable to bring in a backpack for full-day use.
- The fit is ideal for climbers who need a full range of motion during outdoor exercise.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The neck collar is hard to adjust, reducing the user-friendliness of this jacket.
- The jacket is a bit heavy for not providing enough warmth during the winter season as a stand-alone jacket.
- The weight might be too heavy for the amount of warmth the jacket provides, making it less practical for long-distance hiking.
- The jacket can leak feathers, showing a lack of durability and toughness against rough terrain.
The Black Diamond Forge Hooded Down Jacket for men is a durable, functional, and high-quality layering option that works well all year round. Either as a mid-layer during very cold weather or a stand-alone jacket during the shoulder seasons, this down jacket is compressible, flattering, and a good option for climbers and hikers.