We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Tenaya Iati Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 40
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable.
- The adjustable straps over the laces allow for a lot of stability.
- Very sensitive and sticks well in small holds.
- The sock liner offers extra comfort.
- Offers a study velcro closure system.
- Comfortable and easy to wear.
- Grips really well.
- Makes up for a less aggressive toe with a stiffer insole.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Lower durability.
- Reviews are mixed on their smearing ability.
- Does not offer a lot of support for edging.
- The heel is a bit shallow.
- The softness of the shoe requires a strong foot for best use.
The Tenaya Iati Climbing Shoe is a moderately downturned shoe loved for its comfort out of the box and the stability that its unique lacing system offers. The Iati offers sticky rubber and stability in small holds, but does not excel at smearing or edging. It is comfortable, breathable, and a great option for those looking for an all-around shoe that can be worn for hours and forms well to the foot.