We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Sterling Slim Gym Climbing Rope – 10.1mm and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 6
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Handles well for safety and security while using.
- Works great at the gym for a variety of routes.
- Ideal compatibility with the Gri Gri 2 for ample functionality.
- Works very efficiently during top-rope outdoor climbing.
- Holds up well for a durable and long-lasting product.
- Lightweight and compact for easy transportation.
- Provides ample dynamic elongation of 35.5 for safety and functionality during falling.
- With the lower price and the functionality, this is a good choice for beginner climbers.
- Great for use at a local climbing gym due to the proficiency for indoor sport climbing.
- Available in both 25m or 30m lengths for proficiency on gym walls.
- Clips and belays well for ample functionality.
- Slim and lightweight, making it easy to carry and transport.
- Priced inexpensively due to the shorter length.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might be too slim for some climber’s needs.
- Some color discrepancies online versus in person which some users may not like.
- After a fall, the knot cinches tightly and can take some time and effort to undo for your next climb.
- The plastic pieces at the ends of the rope may not be as durable as the rest of it.
- No dry treatment option since the rope is intended for mainly indoor use, limiting the weather protection.
- It might not be good for use on jagged outdoor terrain due to the limited protection offered and limited durability compared to outdoor-oriented ropes.
The Sterling Slim Gym Climbing Rope – 10.1mm is a lightweight option that works well for indoor climbing and sport routes. For climbers who are looking for a straightforward and minimalist rope that can provide ample safety and easy transportation, this could be the best choice for you.