We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Giro Disciple MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 105
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Good protection even in rough crashes.
- Comfortable fit and good ventilation.
- Removable liners for easy cleaning.
- Strap is secure and provides more security than a plastic clip.
- Comfortable and very protective.
- MIPS technology increases protection from rotational impacts.
- Stylish look.
- Additional security provided by providing full-face coverage.
- Fits smaller heads comfortably.
- The lid is compatible with a variety of goggles.
- The peak is sturdy to use a GoPro with.
- Built-in speaker pockets are compatible with various speakers, making the set up simple.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The helmet can get a bit warm due to the MIPS liner.
- Some reports of being a little bit heavier than some of the competition.
- The carrying bag is a bit flimsy.
- The built-in camera mount is not the most stable.
- Only comes with one set of pads.
- Some reports of being a looser-fitting helmet.
The Giro Disciple MIPS Helmet is a protective, comfortable, and highly-functional helmet that provides additional tech specs, like audio speaker compatibility and use with various types of goggles The reports of the helmet being a little heavy and fitting loosely may deter some, but the MIPS liner for enhanced protection combined with the full-face coverage makes this an extremely safe option for any level rider.