We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Sterling Fusion Ion R Bi-Color Climbing Rope – 9.4mm and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 6
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Feels supple and easy to handle on a variety of pitches.
- The rope uses high-quality construction and materials for a top-of-the-line product.
- Combines durability with lightweight construction for a long-lasting and easy-to-carry rope.
- Not too skinny to use for big-wall climbing, adding versatility.
- Comes in a variety of lengths for added versatility.
- Easy to hold while climbing for a secure and reliable grip.
- Strong for sport climbing while remaining light enough for trad routes.
- The bi-pattern color adds an indicator and convenience factor while rappelling.
- Provides a consistent, reliable, and confidence-inspiring catch.
- Works well on rope-stretcher pitches due to the lightweight construction and easy functionality.
- Helps wick away moisture to keep the rope lightweight during use.
- Features DryCore Technology to provide weatherproofing and versatility in a variety of weather conditions.
- Very durable, with a sheath proportion of 37% to withstand tough terrain.
- Provides exceptional handling for ease-of-use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- At the higher end of the price spectrum when compared to similar choices.
- Despite having durable and tough material, it is not the longest-lasting rope on the market.
The Sterling Fusion Ion R Bi-Color Climbing Rope – 9.4mm is a functional, easy-to-use, and highly-compatible option that works well in a variety of conditions. Despite being a little bit more expensive and not being the most durable, this rope provides great handling, ample waterproofing, and lightweight material for an easy-to-carry and user-friendly rope.