We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Bora GTX Mid Backpacking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 73
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable out of the box.
- High-quality make and craftsmanship.
- Provides great traction and grip.
- Able to keep your feet dry all day.
- Waterproof and warm.
- Outer boot has no tongue, which provides added comfort.
- The stretch-mesh over the lower part keeps out debris.
- The Gore-Tex keeps your feet dry and lets them breathe fairly well during warmer days.
- Fairly durable.
- The outer-sole has a tough rand for protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Gore-Tex bootie makes it time-consuming to take on and off.
- Some reports of the sole tearing and plastic coming apart after minimal use.
- The materials are not as easy to break-in as leather.
- Debris can get into the boot in the space between the outer portion and inner bootie.
- Runs warmer than some of the competition, which may not be suitable for warmer weather.
- Can hold onto moisture during warm days.
- On the heavier side.
The Arc’teryx Bora GTX Mid Backpacking Boot for men is a unique boot that combines an inner bootie and outer portion to provide both breathability and protection. The bootie does make it time-consuming to get the boot on and off, and a little warmer than average, but the Gore-Tex material and high-quality craftsmanship make this a good option for those who want an all-around backpacking boot.