We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Mid RSM Trail Running Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 320
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The wider toe box provides comfort when walking downhill.
- The high-top design can keep some water out and protect your ankles.
- Very comfortable for all-day use.
- Lightweight for comfort during all-day use on the trail.
- Extremely breathable to keep your feet cool during warm temperatures.
- The zero drop design is comfortable for long-term walking.
- Lightweight and breathable for comfort during all-day wear.
- Provides great traction on soft terrain for functionality.
- The shape of the shoe is comfortable for those with wide feet.
- Contains patterning throughout the lugs to enhance the grip.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the outer material not being durable enough to withstand tough debris.
- There are reports of the shoes cracking at the flex point, both inside and outside of the shoe.
- Some reports of multiple defects in the construction, like with cutting and sewing issues.
- These shoes can develop holes in the forefoot due to the amount of flex, showing a huge lack of durability.
- Some reports of the shoes leaking, showing a lack of waterproofing abilities.
- Not the most supportive on rough or uneven trails.
- Not durable enough to last multiple seasons of hiking.
- The zero drop can take some getting used to and might require multiple wears.
- The midsole material is lacking compared to other options on the market.
- These shoes will not keep rain, snow, or liquid out as boots can.
The Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Mid RSM Trail Running Shoe for men is designed for lightweight use on the trail, temperature regulation, and comfort. Unfortunately, there are many reports of this shoe lacking waterproofing abilities, lacking traction on uneven terrain, and citing extreme durability issues.