We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Thermoball Snow Triclimate Hooded Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 88
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fits well and is stylish.
- Attractive colors to choose from.
- Thermoball liner jacket can be zipped out for adjusting to temperatures.
- Warm without being too heavy.
- Hard-shell is waterproof for weather protection.
- The insulating layer aids in providing warmth and sealing in the heat during cold days.
- Fits snug enough so that it isn’t too poofy, and also isn’t too tight and restricting.
- Taped seams provide a watertight fabric.
- Durable and relatively lightweight.
- Provides warmth that is competitive with other models in comparison.
- Hanging mesh liner aids in warmth and trapping heat inside, making the shell, even without the liner jacket, warmer than other shell-only jacket options on the market.
- When pieced together, both layers provide as much warmth as other single ski jackets.
- DryVent fabric is waterproof and utilizes sealed seams, for a full weather protective jacket.
- The hood is large enough to fully cover and is helmet-compatible.
- Sleeves and hem cover fully to provide complete protection and keep the heat in.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No inside chest pocket.
- Some reports of running small.
- Need to separate the shell from the liner in order to use the powder skirt, making somewhat of a tedious process.
- If you wear multiple layers underneath the jacket, then the friction inhibits a full range of motion.
- Not the most breathable, with the only vents being pit vents that don’t go all the way through to the insulated liner.
The North Face Thermoball Snow Triclimate Hooded Jacket for men is a warm, versatile, and waterproof jacket that uses multiple layers to aid in temperature regulation, weather protection, and adjustability. Despite not being the most breathable and some sizing issues, this versatile jacket provides ample warmth without being too heavy or bulky, providing a great stand-alone piece for various temperatures.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.