We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Atom AR Insulated Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 94
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides efficient warmth in chilly temperatures.
- Athletic fit and lightweight for comfort and easy layering.
- Holds off the wind to protect you.
- Comfortable over a wide range of temperatures for enhanced versatility.
- Cut for active use and a stylish design.
- Able to wear as a stand-alone layer in cold weather.
- Can be used easily to layer under a shell in tough conditions.
- High-quality construction and stitching for long-lasting use.
- Zippers are reliable and well-made.
- The exterior is abrasion-resistant for extra durability.
- Fits a wide variety of body shapes.
- Cuffs don’t ride up during activity.
- Able to pack down small for easy transportation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the material folding underneath in the arm-pit area.
- A slightly tight fit across the chest area.
- Zipper doesn’t lock and can slide down during use.
- Not the best breathability when compared to other options.
- Heavier when compared to similar jackets.
- Expensive when compared to similar models.
- No large pockets, despite having storage in three smaller ones.
The Arc’teryx Atom AR Insulated Jacket for men is a high-quality, durable, and comfortable option that provides versatility and warmth in multiple conditions. The ability to wear as a stand-alone layer, and to easily layer in various conditions, allows this jacket to be a staple during any trip, especially since it packs down easily and features an athletic fit.