We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Apex Elevation Hooded Softshell Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 284
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Many reports of fitting true to size and sleeve length being accurate and long enough.
- Able to block wind efficiently.
- Hood protects against the wind.
- Warm without being bulky.
- Elastic seal inside the sleeves work well with gloves.
- Hem has a drawstring for adjustments.
- Water repellent finish to block light precipitation.
- Available in 5 sizes for versatility.
- Great range of movement for outdoor activities.
- Polyester and nylon are a durable combination.
- Utilizes DWR to protect against light precipitation.
- Brushed internal collar adds comfort.
- Features a detachable and adjustable hood.
- Zip chest pocket and zip hand pockets for secure storage.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Snap closure may come undone during movement.
- Some reports of the insulation coming through the interior lining.
- The hood could cover your eyes with no way to adjust.
- Insulation doesn’t last very long compared to other models.
The North Face Apex Elevation Hooded Softshell Jacket for men is a lightweight, comfortable, and warm option for those who want insulation from the cold and protection against wind. This is a warm and non-bulky jacket that scores highly with reviewers.