We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Wahoo Fitness KICKR SNAP Smart Power Trainer and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 208
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Noise is reasonable and quiet.
- Feels solid and stable even during higher-power efforts.
- Accurate and consistent power readings after a warmup.
- Great for riders who have more than one bike and need versatility.
- Compatible with a variety of technology, like iPhone and iPad via Bluetooth.
- Able to integrate with tracking and power apps.
- Features new +/- 3% accuracy levels, compared to the competition which promises +/- 5%.
- Very stable during use.
- The application is easy to use.
- Good sense of inertia and feel of the road.
- Durable and stable frame.
- Comes out of the box fully assembled.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The company doesn’t explain in the instructions how to get the specific calibration needed.
- Need to perform a short warmup to calibrate the spindown.
- Some reports of the quality being poor and receiving defective bearings.
- If you don’t have a power meter, you can’t accurately calibrate your bike.
- The resistance increases in ERG mode are not smooth.
- There is a very small window between too much and too little tension between the tire and the drum, meaning the back tire can slip off.
The Wahoo Fitness KICKR SNAP Smart Power Trainer is an easy-to-use, durable, and stable trainer that is compatible with various technology, tracks various data, and comes fully assembled. The issues with getting an accurate power calibration are the main challenge, but once you have this figured out, you can rest assured that this bike will become a staple in your training regimen.