We’ve read the reviews across the web for the 686 Authentic Smarty Cargo 3-In-1 Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 93
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Durable and a great fit.
- Waterproof and breathable.
- Inner kick panels add durability and prevent tears.
- Relaxed fit, without being too baggy.
- Liner is removable for added versatility depending on weather.
- Warm and waterproof.
- Flexible in the right places for mobility.
- BOA access hole to adjust your boots easily.
- Waterproof rating of 15,000mm to keep you dry in most conditions.
- Seams are fully taped for enhanced waterproofing abilities.
- High breathability rating for most conditions.
- Removable insulated liner for versatility.
- PJ Connect system connects the pants to powder skirt of the jacket for functionality.
- Boot gaiters keep snow from entering and enhances warmth retention.
- Meshed venting on the inside of the thigh enhances breathability.
- Pockets on the side, back, and front belt loop ensure enough storage.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Drawstring closure is not the easiest to use.
- Feels snug when you combine the fleece pant to the shell, and may be too snug for some.
The 686 Authentic Smarty Cargo 3-In-1 Pant for men is a waterproof, breathable, and versatile pant that combines the comfort of a inner fleece liner with the durability of an outer shell. The combination of warmth and protection provide a pant that is suitable for various conditions, since you can remove the inner liner in warmer weather. This pant can be used by any level of skier or snowboarder in various conditions.